Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mickey and Minnie Vader; It Came from the Liver; We are officially in hiatus-land

This is tough. I’ve sworn off Universal, but the Harry Potter area will open in 2009. I mean, who doesn’t want to take a tour of Hogwarts, and maybe play a round of Quidditch? And speaking of Florida, this is Gay Star Wars Weekend at WDW. Really (sort of). I love the fact that Disney has embraced the gay community (although I think they’re a little crazy embracing the Star Wars community). If there was ever a brand that the wingnuts would want to keep a tight hold of, this would be it, and they’ve lost the battle years ago. Kungaloosh!

I updated the Sailors’ schedule for 2007-8, and just happened to visit the Yale site, only to find out from the tournament staff listing that I am erudite but grouchy, while JV makes ‘em tremble in the halls. CP, who lists in his resume a day job doing suspicious work transplanting purloined stem cells into rutabagas, is the one responsible for this list in which all the women are strong and competent and wise and the poor couple of guys are raving lunatics. To be fair, at least he included himself in the raving lunatic category. When I complained to him about this poor treatment, he pointed to my blog slogan, which is also in my email signature, which means he obviously does not know the difference between grouchy and bilious. He will learn, come the new season. Of course, I will have to think twice about wearing my Grumpy golf cap among the Pups that weekend, grumpy being synonymous with grouchy, as you well know. I’ll stick to my Pirates of the Caribbean Hawaiian shirt. It sends a much clearer (and perhaps more bilious) message.

I realized this morning that it’s been over two months since my last forensic event. That’s a long time. And it will be three-plus more months before the next event. That’s quite a hiatus. I’m not quite sure what we’ll be doing here to fill all the empty hours with coachean-oriented materials. Things will no doubt arise, however. I’m meeting O’C tomorrow to catch up on gossip (although for all I know there is no gossip). If there’s anything juicy, I’ll pass it along, especially if it’s confidential. I’m also meeting my daughter at some point, to pass along to her the pix from WDW. Sorting digital pix always takes longer than you expect, and there were hundreds of them to go through. I even found a couple of hidden Mickeys in them, which is more than I can say when we were actually in the park. One hears tell of hidden Mickeys, but one scours the place and finds maybe two in a week. Not exactly a high hit rate. I did find a few hidden Dick Cheneys, but I don’t think they count. I also hope tomorrow to get up close and personal with the new Frank Gehry building in Chelsea; I obviously have quite a big day planned.

No comments: