Monday, July 14, 2014

In which mostly we tell you to go somewhere else

I can't recall if I ever posted these numbers here, although I might have. But I wanted the wider distribution of the NDCA, so I just posted it there: http://www.debatecoaches.org/blog-1/some-interesting-statistics-on-mjp-in-ld The real issue, following this, is whether to fiat 1-2s and/or 2-3s over 3-3s or less, or solicit choices, or what-have-you. That will be the next order of business.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get Bietz and CP on board for a discussion of the next batch of LD topics, with an eye on turning the podcast into a broadcast. I failed miserably at it last time, but beaten though I am, I remained unbowed (or vice versa). The best conversations will come when they're open to all. Easier said than done, maybe, but we're working on it.

I spent a lot of time over the weekend updating the calendar, and most things have found their time and place. The Pups is heating up, seeing that registration opens in 2 weeks. Theoretically Big Jake should also be heating up, seeing that registration opens at midnight in the traditional Jar Jar Binks "if we're waiting on line at this ridiculous hour it must be good" approach. Whatever. O'C tells me that debate camps around the country have parties to celebrate the start of Jake registration. Which indicates to me that debate camps around the country would have parties for anything under the sun, including throwing one every time an ant crosses the pavement. I really do think, by the way, that since every other aspect of Jake is named after someone or something, the registration should be named after Jar Jar. It just seems so...right.

No comments: