Wednesday, January 02, 2019

In which we return

I've been away since the day following the Regis Sinvitational (AKA the Kristmas Klassik, AKA the Christmas Chlassic, AKA the Xmas Xic), visiting the family in the UK. For all intents and purposes, I disconnected from everything except for Instagram, where I posted a bunch of pix, and that was about it. But, now I'm back. And making lists of things to do, while not exactly doing anything.

Upcoming tournament todos: Columbia. Bump. Penn. These are the ones for which I have some responsibility. I will sort all by the end of the week. (I just got back yesterday, for Pete's sake. Give me a minute.)

I am also now embarking on fairly full unemployment, having officially retired from the DJ as of yesterday, my theoretical last day. I have no intentions of cutting back tournament work, and in fact, I've told Kathy S that next year I wouldn't mind working a little bit with her PFers, although I draw the line at taking them to tournaments or anything requiring that I assume official responsibility for them. I mean, that's why I retired from coaching in the first place. But I miss working on topics and cases, and now that the DJ won't be (justifiably) sucking all my juice, I'll be able to give it the time it deserves.

But that is in the future. For the time being, it's a question of getting over jet lag and sorting out all sorts of todos that have nothing to do with debate.

First thing I've noticed: it is nice not hearing an alarm the first thing on a weekday morning.

No comments: