Thursday, January 24, 2019

In which the rug pulls the room together

Well, that was fun.

I got the list of rooms from the Gem kids who got it from their administration in plenty of time. I mean, we had until tomorrow. I worked on it this morning. The fun part is that some of the Friday night rooms aren’t available until 7:00. Which means that we can’t start with PF and then go to LD as planned, with one round of each that night. I had to switch them around.

Oops.

Seriously, it’s not that big a deal. Almost all the schools have teams in both events, and all it really does is readjust peoples’ dinner plans. I just posted the change to the registrants. I can predict a couple of nasty responses from the usual suspects, none of whom, by the way, run college tournaments with ditzy administrations who keep the room info to themselves until a day or two before the tournament. Fortunately, I have thick skin. I can appreciate the privileged position of those who think they’re entitled to a perfect tournament according to their definition of perfect. I can abide. I mean, yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, their opinion, man. 

Otherwise we’re all set. I also polished up the tabroom setup for a little event at the Bronx, what they call their Winter Local, during Penn weekent. This is the same kind of tournament I tabbed for them while I was at Wee Sma Lex. Catholic Charlie, who will no doubt have nothing to do with it, given that he’ll be up to his coconut in Penn Speech tab, was quick to volunteer me to do the honors. We only have a hundred debate events to handle at the BenF. 

This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.





2 comments:

pjwexler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pjwexler said...

Special spaces for the complainers? I hear the quadrangles on campus are particularly nice this time of year.