Wednesday, April 20, 2016

In which we are not totally set adrift in September

As if to relieve me of the burden of nothing to do in September, the lovely people at Byram Hills have asked me to take them on again. Once more they're running the first full weekend of the school year, the weekend prior to the Pups. And they also hope to have a round robin. Why not? I'm heading to New Orleans earlier that week, but I'll be back in plenty of time to handle their shindig. I think they've also invited Sheryl back, as she and I have been attached to Byram off and on for years. Now that they finally have decent wifi (although the still have indecent battery-sucking cell service) it's pretty straightforward. The only thing is, this year they're running on Saturday and Sunday. Why, I have no idea. It doesn't matter much to me, especially coming off a little vacation, but I know that some people don't like to fill up whole weekends like this, especially twice in a row (i.e., right before Yale). I'll trust they can pull it off. I hope so. We need more regional tournaments doing regional tournament stuff.

I can't remember the Byram Hills mascot. It was either the Buzzkills or the Beer Nuts, I think, but neither sounds exactly right. Oh, well. I'll find out when I'm there.


___


/

No comments: