Thursday, October 29, 2015

In which we plan to lay back for a few days

So the Tiggers is sewn up for a while. I’ve sent out the first of many emails saying what I always say, that asking when slots will open up is pointless, which of course will stop no one from asking when slot will open up, but I should be used to it by now. For a while I used CP’s snarky form letter when people asked silly questions, but it never really worked. RTFI, for God’s sake! [Sigh.]

Meanwhile, the Paginator, who claims to be a commie red pinko bolshie anarchist, continues to deny that he is, in fact, a man of means with a number of servants attending to his every need. After all, when you do a Google image search for “noblesse oblige,” his picture is the first hit. I know this is going to get in the way of our tabbing together, if for no other reason than that his entourage requires regular feeding and bathroom breaks, but I'm willing to be patient. Very understanding on my part, you have to agree. He and Bro John will be working Congress out of our LD tab room at the Tiggers, which means that at least we’ll have all of Lord P’s minions available if we need Starbucks or the like.

Oh, well. I have a couple of weekends off, I’m happy to say, but I’m not quite sure how to fill them up. The thing is, I’d probably have them off even if I were still coaching, but still… I’d like to go see the new Star Wars movie, but for some reason it isn’t playing anywhere around here. (I haven’t seen a movie in a theater since Al Jolson broke the sound barrier, or at least that’s what it feels like. Maybe it’s a result of my buying that large screen TV back in the Spring. It’s just like going to the movies, without having to hit people over the head with my cane to get them to turn off their cellphones and stop texting.) I’ll find something to do, I’m sure. Maybe I’ll finish up N3 and start wrapping up the whole book and get it ready to post. Maybe I’ll figure out why the CD player I just bought doesn’t play CDs. (JV was watching over my shoulder in amazement as I placed the order, disbelieving that such things still existed.) Maybe I’ll clean out the basement. I don’t know.


Any wonder I don’t retire from the DJ? I’d drive myself crazy in a week.  

No comments: