Thursday, July 23, 2015

In which we consider much needed updating

The time has come for me to start updating my website as I go into that brave new non-coaching world. I’ve been holding back because I think it will be a lot of work sorting through things, and more to the point, throwing things away. Anyone can hoard. Saving only the good stuff, especially if the stuff you’re tossing is something you created? Not so simple. I’ll try to start working on it this weekend, as I don’t have much else planned. What a wonderful way to spend a summer day!

Speaking of not tossing stuff I’ve created, I have been plodding through Nostrum 2, although not at a particularly rousing rate of speed. Other things are taking precedence, but I certainly haven’t given up. I guess I’m about halfway through. What I’m really curious about at this point is the N3 material. They were only a handful, and I just sort of knocked them out quickly. What I’ll do with them I’m not sure, beside a quick polish. Mostly it will depend on how much energy I bring to the task. Stretching this whole thing out endlessly has the virtue of not getting me bored with it. I do know one thing, that when I'm revising my website it will be especially hard to figure out how to design the Nostrum stuff, given that there’s online and ebooks and audio and all manner of things overlapping like some really overlappy kind of thing. Oh, well. I’ll figure it out.

Updating sites also probably means updating this page. It’s been a while. Not that I’ve ever changed it too dramatically, but I have made some choices over the years. Whatever. I’ve been at it for ages. The readership fluctuates, but there still remains a loyal VCA. If I write something especially juicy, we get a lot of lookee-looks who want to see what limb I’ve climbed out on this time. And usually the burlesques pull well, beyond the faithful. I’ll be digging into all of this over the next few months.

Registrations open on 8/1. Topics released on 8/15. Griping about topics on 8/15 (later that same day). The final list of potential LD rezzes is up on NSDA, by the way, which is a little different from what we saw earlier, with some of the looser language tidied up. People are going to have to vote for them, and PF (which is offering reparations as its opening possibility, presumably because it won’t be coming up in Sept for LD, although I wish it would, both for the resonance and because I think it’s a great subject).


Drink plenty of water and get a good night’s sleep.

No comments: