Thursday, November 21, 2013

Listen my children...

The Tigger debate waitlists are up-to-date. A few people have headed screaming for the hills because of the medical scare, but I’m not thinking that this will be a stampede. I could be wrong. My favorite thing is that I sent out a message saying that I have no more information than what the university has published, and the immediate response from people is to ask if I have any more information than what the university has published. Jeesh!

We still have a full boat for Wee Sma’ Lex tomorrow, even though Meh dropped out of judging for some inexplicable reason. I look forward to not having to do any heavy lifting after last weekend. And in a way the Tigs seems to be a bit of heavy lifting too, although without the same sense of responsibility. Still, sitting around whining to CP about the tabroom software seems like a great way to pass the time. Parsing out the rooms for the Tigs, for instance, stretched things to the limit. About 80 billion rooms, all on different days, for different divisions? Oh, yeah. That’s fun.

CP is running e-balloting this weekend, but I got an error message when I tried to link my account, never a good sign. I’m glad he’s doing it, though. I need a refresher course before trying it myself at Ridge.

Meanwhile, I know I’ve announced here that I’m working on the Complete Nostrum, not changing anything, but doing a final edit and a few annotations. Well, I am up to episode 45, which is only maybe 25% of the whole thing. It’s 500 normal Word pages already, which means that I was right back in the day thinking that I was really pounding out the pages. Instead of the tag line, “Where deontology is more than just an idea, it’s a rebuttal!” I’m thinking of going with, “Makes War and Peace look like a tweet!” If I get this thing out by summer it will be a miracle, but on the positive side, it’ll be free. So I promise you this: you’ll get what you pay for!

No comments: