Monday, June 25, 2012

More on the Beach Boys



Forgive me for obsessing over the Beach Boys, but I can't help myself. I've been listening like crazy lately to stuff old and new, and thinking a lot about music in general as a result. I'm working up some of those thoughts in a long essay, but that's going to take a while.

Meanwhile, look at these guys. I hate to say it, but as far as appearance is concerned, they sort of look like my monthly poker game, only with about ten years extra mileage. M-M-M-My Generation ain't what it used to be. But don't be deceived by their age, or Brian's perceived detachment, because once they start singing...

There's a couple of other live numbers, and a short interview as well, at the Rolling Stone site.

"God Only Knows" is Paul McCartney's favorite Beach Boys song? I can believe it. After all, as McCartney has said, if it wasn't for Pet Sounds, there wouldn't have been a Sergeant Pepper.
.

No comments: