Tuesday, June 07, 2011

All unquiet on the Coachean front

The personal life and times remain crazy.

Unlike what I posted earlier, the Aged P is not exactly settled. I am hoping that by the end of this week this situation will finally wind down. It is a matter of finding the right level of care, a time-consuming process at any level. Almost there.

The new work at the DJ, the creation of an entertainment blog, is in a holding pattern because the nature of what I want to do is so different from the nature of what’s already there. Fitting it in without changing it is the goal. This too is a time-consuming process, albeit not mine. As I wait for the technical issues to be resolved, I am sorting through a good thousand web pages a day in the hopes of finding 3 or 4 good ones. I zip through this using Feeddler on the iPad, for the most part. I find that I now know way more about popular culture than is good for me. There is no way I will ever report on, say, Snooki, but there is no way to default out of coverage of the Snookis of life in one's researches. On the other hand, I do manage to find wonderful material pretty regularly. The internet isn’t all bad. There are prizes and peanuts in a Cracker Jack box. Unfortunately there is also a lot of caramel corn to keep you digging. Life is like that.

The regular aspects of the DJ remain unchanged. Which means my day has shifted a lot. That I have managed to make it up quite a few levels of Lego Harry Potter amazes me. But if it wasn’t for stuff like that, the brain would just melt.

This is the time of year when I don’t give hoot one or hoot two to debate, but in a couple of weeks I know I’ll start getting antsy and do things like updating the Bump invite and cleaning out the Stygian jimmenick.com home page and the like. Because of weather and injuries, golf has been erratic at best this year. This weekend we were cancelled due to 1) a pierced lung and 2) a nasty booboo on my partner’s finger, plus the fourth guy off on vaction. I will accept a pierced lung as something worth skipping a day on the links for, but a booboo? Anything that if you kiss it makes it better is just not a great excuse, if you ask me.

1 comment:

pjwexler said...

I don't understand. Was the pierced lung also on your partner's finger? Or was it the nasty boo boo itself.

I can still see a pierced lung being potentially deflating your your golf hopes however...