Friday, January 30, 2009

A serious note

The last few days have been murder. The recession has hit the DJ as it has hit everything else, and we had to lay people off, and nobody emerges from that particularly happy about it. One is thankful to remain employed, but nonetheless feeling guilty about those who had no choice but to leave. It's a difficult time. And there's not much anyone can do about it.

This weekend is Newark. Let's hope that a swell time is had by all as we get back to all the things that we normally do. I have 3 Sailors and one stowaway from NFA going on the trip, and I have loaded my iPod with the worst music I could find in preparation, plus I saved "Wait Wait" from the weekend, so we should at least enjoy the journey. Or maybe I'll just tell them the stories my mother always tells about the Depression. "Breathing? We didn't have breathing during the Depression! You were lucky if you were able to inhale once at year at Christmas, and even then only if the nuns weren't looking." Yeah, tough times repeat themselves. What can I say?

No comments: