Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Interlude from the snowy reaches of New England

I realize that the VCA waits with bated breath for some idea what, exactly, the rules of LD might be, but we need to take a short break and look at last week’s Bigle X. I have no great narrative to relate, but there were some magical moments worth reporting.

Weaver was formerly known as “The Weave.” If this is not bait for the usual tab room suspects, I don’t know what is.

Speaking of “The Weave,” he and O’C were participating in their own private Ridiculous Character contest by wearing their Sunday-go-to-meeting clothes to the RR. Then again, it was Sunday. Apparently the 87 inches of snow should not be taken into consideration, although the look on “The Weave’s” face when he had to choose between the drift and the schmutz was priceless.

In a game of bean trivia, if the question is so simple that everybody knows the answer, the reality is that everybody knows the answer except the person who was asked the question. Following this realization, there is much guffawing and comradely ribbing. (The answer, by the way, regardless of the question, is FDR.)

Panivores do not like being prepped out against, and will complain to anyone, including biting the hand that feeds them, except that they never eat.

Menick is always right. (Apply this as necessary.)

I was not absolutely stark raving mad when O’C took my picture with CP. The look of frenzied evil is a delayed reaction to learning about the online octos pairings posted overnight at Princeton, for which CP must be held accountable.

When people ask me for the elims pdf, and I tell them I already gave them the prelims pdf, the fact that the P and the R eluded me does not negate the point made two paragraphs above.

Strikes disappear from TRPC like crazy even crazier in a round robin. Subnote to this: if strikes have disappeared, nine will get you ten that O’C has wandered off. In his suit.

The Beauty Queen PF judge panel may return for The Northeast Championships.

Modnov will go with civil disobedience.

It is never too cold to eat really good ice cream, provided you’re wearing gloves.

It turns out that there is a bowling alley somewhere in the vicinity of the Notorious B.I.G. Lex.

Monti Matt favors the women’s small to the men’s extra large.

Certain people can’t possibly be that dumb, but, then again, they probably are.

Tomorrow we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I should probably not be saying this publicly, but some of my more math oriented friends actually came up with a "The Weave" formula. As in, a formula to determine the Weaveishness of an action. Not being a math person I don't remember the specifics. However I do know it involved the sin wave, as of course, any math formula having to do with me must, of course, be a Weave Wave.

I suggest a competition to determine what exactly that formula was.

Also, I was surprised (mostly pleasantly) to see that none of the debaters in prelims were scheduled to be judged by "Weave, The" as was so often the case at the Dowling Paradigm.