Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Breaking news

When in the course of human events and all that…

Today I resigned as chair of the NY State District. I won’t bore you with the details at this point. If you’re a member in good standing of the VCA you know that we are a red light district again, and you know all about our trials and tribulations, and you know that we (the district committee) firmly believed that what we are is what we are, and all the wishing and hoping coming out of Wisconsin wasn’t going to change it. Since I feel that running this district damages the students’ chances of getting to nationals if they do wish to go, I resigned not in protest but hopefully to affect change in the direction of dissolving the district in favor of supporting more kids. Why should students suffer because NY isn’t a big NFL presence? But that’s indeed who would do the suffering. As for me, it’s not as if I’m not already, shall we say, active in the region. My personal presence in the NFL is relatively meaningless, and its affect on my dedication to forensics is literally nil.

I will keep you posted on events as they transpire. I’m not happy about this, but neither am I particularly unhappy. Just, shall we say, a little disappointed in Ripon.

So it goes.

1 comment:

BA Gregg said...

Oy.

I am saddened and dismayed. I have long held that the various lights of the Districts are meaningless and have created nothing more than paper-chasing. Either you have the kids at the District Tournament to compete to make the quals or not.

And this from the Chair of the Largest District in NFL History (notice the caps).

Saddened and Dismayed.