Thursday, January 04, 2007

Many belaborings of the obviouses

After saving the cheerleader last night (and I do thank Panasonic for perfecting the DVD recorder), I spent a bunch of time collating the MHL data for Saturday, when we'll be down in Brooklyn hobnobbing with the NYUDL. I’ve created this neat little Excel db that makes entering into TRPC the data that comes to me from emails a breeze. Of course, I only had to do the LD, because the UDL will handle tabbing the Policy side, and I sent that data off to Kurt for just that purpose, as he is Mr. Policy in the MHL universe. Which makes me Mr. LD, and O’C Mr. Imsending149noviceshavefunseeyounextmonth. He’s out basking in the warm California sun, needless to say, for the WTF tournament, which means that I am unplugging my computer in preparation for the absolute bombardment of pix, skems, pix of skems, skems of pix, the works, in ex-cruz-iating detail. You may wish to do the same.

Some yabbo complained about the quality of the O’C interview. This is, of course, the definition of a yabbo, when you write an entire spiel about how you had technical problems and your quality is unavoidably stepped down as a result, and someone responds, Dadgummit, this quality isn’t very good. Whatever happened to reading skills, anyhow? The real problem with the interview is the inanity that it contains, not the noise degradation. I mean, who wants to listen to me asking O’C what his favorite speaking point was? Tomorrow’s lecture is on the forest vs. the trees.

Nevertheless I did put out a new Nostrum last night. I should be back on track for the foreseeable f., all things being equal. I read the original letters from Jules as introductions now, since they are extant for the period I’m producing, and it is remarkable to see that all this material was written by the lads back in ‘96/’97. Ten years ago! (I throw that in for those whose math skills are down there with those yabbonian reading skills, although I would imagine that most of the VCA was able to figure that out on their own.) Plus ca change, maybe, as the French philosophers say.

Tonight I’ll rev up the new printer, knock off some of our new MHL ballots (with the NFL judging instructions on the flip side), fantasize on how to dismember Termite (don’t ask), wonder why only one novice is sending me cases for Saturday, contemplate explaining the difference between Gems of the Ocean and cocaine cartels to the Sailor who apparently wants to register for a tournament in Bogota, and probably begin taking down the Christmas tree. And if that’s not a busy night, I don’t know what is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If anything, the distorted sound made my voice sound deeper. I for one appreciated that.