Thursday, September 14, 2006

I never used to use words like tsimmes (var. tzimmes)

I have spent an inordinate amount of time getting the new printer/copier operational. It’s fine on Little Elvis, but it squares off against the old Dell like Pip v Tik pronounced teek in their daily battle over the evening’s offering of canned whitefish with horsemeat flecks. But after much tsimmes, I think I have gotten things under control. I still haven’t decided whether to do Yale on the Dell or Little E, but I’m still leaning to the Dell because it will free Little E up for other things, like Jack (I want to reinstall The Ride – that was always the most fun, and we only played it for one season, and this way I’ll get CLG’s name off the #1 slot). I’ll probably decide when I get there tomorrow (although God knows where there is, because the invite doesn’t quite say where to go, and there’s been a dearth of info forthcoming from the Pups). In either case, the tournament will be happily ensconced on my flash drive (it already is), and it will be backed up regularly, so no amount of all hell breaking loose that I can think of will keep the Pup Brigades from their appointed rounds.

I see that Anjan will be reporting live from Yale for WTF. I do so hope I have internet access, so that I can report live from Yale too. I mean, who ya gonna believe? Guy inside the tab room, or random guy photographing schematics? But then again, I think only O’C photographs schematics. He’s offered to show me the framed collection hanging in the apartment he shares with Tim Burton, and which dates back to the original Big Bronx in 1588. I’ve put him off so far, but I will admit to having downloaded the walking tour podcast he created (that’s why I had to get the bigger iPod). Some day, definitely.

Tonight I’ll update everything on Yale, so I’m as current as possible. All the data is in except rooms, and I’ve printed it all out, and now I’ll doublecheck against the live registration. I’ve sent out marching orders to the Sailors which should get them through the school bureaucracy tomorrow and up to New Haven in roughly one piece. I’ve made an offering to the rain gods to keep me dry when I’m schlepping around equipment or seeking out Thai pad. And that’s about it. If there’s internet access, I’ll send you a picture of Anjan photographing the schematics. Otherwise, TTFN.

No comments: