Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Frankly, my dear, IDGAD

Yeah, yeah. Whenever I buy an iPod, the next week they come out with the new iPod. But the thing is, since I hardly ever watch TV on my TV, and had little expectation of watching TV on my iPod, and would much prefer in those situtations where I have time to watch a movie to watch on Little Elvis, I'm not really upset by this, and was actually sort of expecting it. I was more upset when Gen 5 followed so quickly my purchase of the Nano.

On the other hand, they're using the MacBooks in my office now. That is a hot little machine. But Little Elvis still has plenty more years of life left in him (although he is missing his hunka hunka burnin' love, and the new hunk hasn't arrived yet).

The new Nano is thinner? Lawdy, now that's something.

Anyhow, rule number one in tech: buy what you need, and devil take the hindmost, because it won't be long before there's something better on the market. It's not about the black box, it's about the output. You can have the newest computer in the world, but what are you creating with it?

Spend your time working on your novel and stop lusting after hardware. And as far as iPods are concerned, if you're listening to the crap I think you're listening too, long-playing phonograph albums are probably too good for the likes of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't say I didn't warn you on this one, however.