Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Back at work, life goes on

In the category of, I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this, the latest episode of Nostrum is now available on iTunes or on my podcast page. Needless to say, if you're interesting in the story, it is imperative that you start at the beginning. Sort of like David Copperfield. Sure, everybody loves Uriah Heep, but you've got to scarf down a whole bunch of Murdstones and Micawbers before you get to Mr. Wonderful, eh?

I just sent out some material on the Modest Novice to the MHL (and interested parties) list. Some points have been raised, most germanely on how the older gomers are going to assist the younger gomers if they're on a different resolution. I believe that, once this process is established, that won't be an issue, but there's no doubt that, the first year, it's going to be an adjustment. I just happen to think that the adjustment is worth it. I hope that the teeming millions will agree.

On the things to do list, there's the communication issue with the Legion, and also some technical ideas on judge pools that HoraceMan THWAS and I were talking about that might be worth throwing into the pot. I started working up the latter yesterday, but got distracted. I'll finish in a day or two. O'C claims that he wishes to come over to the Dark Side (i.e. infiltrate the Legion). I thought he already was over on a Dark Side, which just goes to show you how different people define the darkness. O'C's decision must have something to do with the idea of Ben Affleck starring in the next Star Trek movie. If that doesn't shake you at your Federation roots, nothing will. Make it so, Bennie.

Little TK continues to wreak havoc on the chez, and I'm beginning to call him Taz. Yeah, that Taz. It's the only name so far that's lasted more than 24 hours. Let's see if it survives another good night's sleep. (If the name Taz means nothing to you, you are so reading the wrong blog.)

Anyhow, I don't know about you, but I for one have been emptying my pockets of all spare change and funneling it over to LSD. They've added a support button to cover their need to provide snarl-by-snarl coverage of things like TOC. Scary. I knew that things had gone too far when I found O'C in my motel room photographing my flow pads. "People are really interested in this," he explained as he zoomed in on Doug J's voting issues in the NR.

I didn't talk much to O'C in Ky, as it turned out, but I did get to schmooze with Kaz (no relation to Taz) and Lynne and Aves and Chris Palmer, who confirmed my willingness to work tab at Yale. And there was all the Legion of Doom stuff, the upshot of which is probably that I will be the poster boy for getting the Tournament Policies adopted. They're meeting in Texas, which is where most of the interested parties will be, and then the issue is, seeing who agrees to how many of the policies. Which is why, of course, open communication is necessary early on, to get the two Dark Sides talking to each other. I'll get there before the week is out. I promise. As soon as I throw O'C out of my house (he followed me back to the chez from Ky because he needed to photograph my Dr. Grips with the red ink, which apparently is a radical improvement from black and blue that could change the entire state of discourse in progressive LD--who'da thunkit?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I wanted to hang out, but I was too busy scarfin' hot browns and daydreaming about WDW. We'll have more of a chance to gab at NFA. I can practically sense your excitement.