Friday, May 26, 2006

Another day disconnected

So yesterday I hit the high road again, which means, in a word, doing the day job while turning off good old Safari. Au revoir, Le Legion Perdu. Auf wiedersehen, höllehandenkorb. Take a hike, Uncle Wiggly. I'm getting paid here, you know!

Which means you get things today like this (Tik pronounced teek looking cute):

or things like this (Tik pronounced teek looking insane)

Anyhow, that will satisfy the more-cat-pix contingent of the VCA.

I'm gearing up for the long weekend. I wish I were in Chicago to get my free DMV shirt from Uncle W and Cousin B. I would look so spiffy in full Defeat Longjohns regalia, especially those cute little captain hats they ask their lab leaders to wear that make them all look like an audition for HMS Pinafore at a Methadon clinic. I'm gonna miss that, I guess. Anyhow, I do like CFL. I see that h in a b is running essays on what it's like to win CFL. How about an essay on what it's like to lose CFL? I mean, there's a much broader pool to choose from if you concentrate on the people who didn't win the championship. What no one ever says is that there's a whole religious thing, where if you're doing good they send someone from Opus Dei to find out if you're a Catholic, and if you're not, well, you're going down. Winners of CatNats are bombarded afterwards with solicitations from the various orders, wondering if you have a vocation. I know for a fact that Chetan spent two years in a Jesuit seminary (the only order known to allow Sondheim) by special invitation of Pope John Paul II himself before Chetan remembered that, in fact, he wasn't Catholic, and that His Holiness had confused him with some Irish kid from East Minneapolis. I mean, the Pope isn't infallible, after all.

Oh, wait a minute.

I'm hoping to have final word on the Modest Novice after CFL. Meanwhile, this weekend has to include more prep for vacation in a couple of weeks, plus probably X-Men. I haven't been to a movie theatre in a while, because every movie I've looked forward to lately has opened with a resounding critical thud. That's why I've been digging deeper and deeper into the past. I could use a little popcorn, and a few hot sunny days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

reservoir and arivoir, my dear...............cant wait to come back and read your posts.

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about next year's hardware engineer yet?

Anonymous said...

I dunno???? Have you? Are there any volunteers?