Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Pffft? Pfui.

Sabrina has finalized the Monticello invitation. I feel as if I'm late already. Where's the Bump invite? After last year's installment, I sat down and wrote up preliminary changes to the invite, mostly telling people that if they brought brain-dead judges we would draw and quarter them (and their judges), but I've quieted down a tad since then. Still, I will be sending out how-to-judge instructions, and handing them out, and maybe reading them during the rounds. I do like lay judging, but not so lay that they've been blindfolded, gagged, kidnapped and dropped into the round directly from some non-English-speaking country and now they're wondering if 14 points is enough to give because it says right here on the ballot that 14 points means I am in Ecstasy Listening to your Greatness! (Actually, the judge will come up to me and say something like, "Kerfloyin-ze mala oola mintz?" At which point I draw and quarter them.) (And I am in Ecstasy Listening to your Greatness sounds like— No, I won't go there.)

So, I've got to polish up my judge instructions. I have my tried and trues, plus Ewok's mom's notes, plus Matt J's fine discussion. I will put these all together and see what happens.

As for Monticello, I am happy to see that the JV division is eliminated. I do feel that second-year folks can do fine in an open division, and will encourage the troops accordingly. (If you're a troop of the second-year pursuasion reading this, consider yourself encouraged.) I also see that Pffft is going to be happening. I might start encouraging a little Pffft. Why not?

(Only 39 hours till DOA begins. I am all atwitter. Throw water on me, please. Throw water on them, please.)

No comments: