Friday, October 09, 2009

I caught this morning morning's minion, cross-word of Friday's paper...

I spent last night wanting to work on TVFT Episode 2, but the file I had from Bietz wasn't formatted like the others, so he sounded like a chipmunk. Normally I wouldn't mind if Bietz sounded like a chipmunk, but the sped-up track threw him off from the others, so he'd be laughing at the jokes (if any) before they were told, or crying before the dog died heroically at the end or whatever. As soon as I get the raw file from him I'll put it together, but there may be a delay because connections to the internet at the Kaiser Roll are dubious at best. They block everything but Packer games, if I recollect correctly. (For those members of the VCA who do not know anything about sports, the Packers are a lacrosse team from Sheboygan, or something very much like that. The only thing I know about them for sure is that Brett Favre doesn't play for th—Wait a minute! This just in. He DOES play for th—Wait a minute! This just in. He's now playing for the Mets. Sorry about that, sports fans.)

Not working on TVFT last night, aside from an hour spent trying to understand why Bietz = Alvin, meant I got to prep Monticello. As with last weekend, the data didn't come in right from tabroom into TRPC with the preferred system, but the old system works perfectly well, and once one is prepared, one is forearmed, as they say. The Roll looks like fun. 88 LDers at this point, so that shouldn't change much, and 16 PF teams (18 of them from Regis). With the PF I'll do the usual with such small fields as pair same-school teams early on with neutral judging, then pop out the top ones to debate the others. Not the greatest tournament for them, but better than staying home picking their noses. This way they can come to Monticello and pick their noses there. The difference is obvious.

I will tweet things at the tournament over @debatetab, for what it's worth, just to keep my hand in. Set your cell phones on stun.

No comments: