Wednesday, June 24, 2020

In which we are done for now with Virtual Tournament ideas

I've finished summing up everything we know so far. Check it out at http://www.jimmenick.com/vault/E_tournaments.pdf

This talks about schedules, divisions, caps, management roles, and some other stuff. It is not all-inclusive, nor is it definitive, in that you may wish to run your tournament some other way entirely. That is your prerogative. I wouldn't recommend it, but, well, it's on your head, not mine. Anyhow, there's more to come, but a lot of decisions need to be made for next season in the next few weeks. From that point of view, it's not a moment too soon.

Meanwhile, I assume you've seen the LD resolutions for next season, and the new system of selection. I am really pleased with the overall selection. It is possibly the most educational batch of rezzes I've ever seen. (The software wants to change rezzes to fezzes, but, to be honest, I've seen more educational fezzes.) Good job all. I don't know how some of them will debate, but debating resolutions is the least interesting part of the deal, if you ask me. All the education that goes into preparing for debating is what matters most. Not that I undervalue speaking—don't get me wrong. I just don't prioritize the competition. 



1 comment:

Joe said...

The link URL appears to be broken.