Wednesday, November 14, 2018

In which we simply provide the odd update or two


I finally heard from Penn, so all is right with the world. We’ll try to get their invite up by 12/1. Since last year they posted it around the 4th of July, I think this is much more timely.

I’m beginning to question the decision to do the Princeton PF obligation by rounds. A lot of the coaches just don’t understand it, as compared to LD, where most of them are quite used to it. Obviously I’ll have a lot of tweaking to do once we set the judge hires. Everyone is all over the map.

Yesterday I forwarded my judging docs to Kaz to add to her collection. She probably won’t need the “Why You Can’t Go Home Sunday Morning” one, but the rest are germane.

Wee Sma Bronx, which is the same day as Wee Small Lex, is filled up with wee small Bronx people. That’ll be fun to run, with so many from one school, but there are plenty of others as well. I’ll be doing it when I’m not doing Little Lex, or maybe it’s better to say while I’m doing Little Lex. Not a big deal, really, has neither tournament has much of anything involved except pairing up and assigning any judge who’s breathing. That is one of the nice things about local events. Not that either is particularly small. Far from it. But manageable? Yes, and that’s the important thing from my perspective.

By the way RJT has been working with coaches in the region to come up with the right Monticello tournament on the right weekend for next year. A lot of different ideas are floating around, and since I have no skin in the game, I’m fine with any of them, provided we have something. Who would have thought that a weekend might go permanently fallow? But no one else is around to pick it up, and even if they were, it would face the same issues. Sigh.





No comments: