Thursday, March 13, 2014

In which we demonstrate unspeakable skill at Photoshop

Catholic Charlie thinks that my guide to tabroom is about as user-friendly as the IRS tax code. Philistine! There’s no accounting for taste. And he’ll live to regret his flip attitude when all his rooms come crumbling down around him.

Meanwhile, I’m trying to figure out why I’d ever buy another piece of music if Spotify is just going to give it to me for free. I mean, I seem to want to listen to “Happy” every five minutes, so I thought, what the hey, I’d listen to the album and maybe buy it. But if I can listen to it on demand, why exactly would I be buying it? Unless I want to put it on my home system, in which case I would get the disk, but I’ll admit that my disk buying is minimal these days, in that I can always just put the mp3s on a disk and play that on my stereo if I really want it in the living room. Anyhow, shouldn’t Williams get something from me for my accessing his intellectual property? Presumably he is getting something from Spotify in a basic radio-ASCAP/BMI kind of arrangement, and he’s probably not starving on the street or anything, but creators need recompense for their creations. Some things I might want to give away (like Nostrum), but others, not so much. Members of the VCA might recall how years ago I fought the fight against illegal downloads. That fight doesn’t even matter anymore. My, how the world has changed. Are those kids I see out there on my lawn?????

And in honor of the 154th day until DisAd14, here’s a photo I worked on for weeks days hours about 3 minutes to satisfy O’C’s craving for a photo of all of us in front of Cinderella’s Castle.

No comments: