Monday, January 27, 2014

In which Palmer, instead of debugging tabroom, debugs me

http://www.azuen.net/2014/01/24/potshot-2/

Again, I am not directly responding to him for a while, but will. To tell you the truth, he's helping me understand a few things that have not been clear, and refined my thinking, even where we disagree. Of course, there is the whole thing where he claims I offer no offense, which in fact forces us up the flow into a definitional debate (which is the definition of a bad debate, and always has been), because until he supplies a better definition of mutual than the relevant usages in Web 11 (shared in common / joint), there is no debate and no alternative for the judge other than to cast a Menick ballot.

SMJP as in semi-mutual judge preferences?

S&M JP?

Seriously, the goal is best practices. That only comes with discussion, testing and refinement.

No comments: