Monday, May 23, 2011

I wonder if Jar Jar is in the latest version of It's a Small World...

We were going to TVFT last Wednesday, but O’C had other fish to fry at Japonica or something, so we didn’t. It seems that just as we get a thought going, it goes. I really do want to talk more about bracketing. We’re going to try again this week, but the coachean breath is not being held.

Not much else going on debatewise, at least for me. I’m not CatNatting, although the Panivore’s brother is doing his Speecho-American thing. I wouldn’t mind going down to Washington for a weekend, even with a tournament happening around it, but this year it was not to be. There will be ample ops in the future, I’m sure. I’ll be using the time to get my golf game up to crappy from its present position at appalling, but it won’t be easy. The weather this spring has not been conducive to such activities. It’s hard to play golf in a snowsuit during a monsoon. Jeesh.

So I’ve been pursuing other pastimes. I’ve begun the Lego Harry Potter, for instance, which is so up my alley skill-set wise. It’s not terribly hard, it’s pretty funny, and when you play it you make real progress. I loved the Star Wars Lego game too, for the same reasons. I don’t have the patience for learning to press A and Z while standing on my head with my thumb up the cat’s nose while whistling “Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?” I’m a plain, simple kind of gamer. The relatively button-free Wii is right up my alley.

I’ve also been catching up on the movies I haven’t seen over the last year. Social Network and The King’s Speech were very enjoyable. Tron: Legacy was totally incomprehensible, but I sort of liked it anyhow, except for the Jeff Bridges scary Polar Express face. Spooky. Humans don’t look like that.

Our DiDeAd/DisAd listserver has been filling up with moaning and groaning from O’C who wants to ride Star Tours 74 times. No appreciation of antici

pation. All these kids want nowadays is instant gratification. Bah! Of course, not only will there be a new Star Tours the next time, but also a new Tiki Room: they’ve booted the “new management.” Strike a blow for the traditionalists.

No comments: