Monday, May 23, 2005

Back in the saddle again

.
We did, at some point, listen to a CD I bought of Riders in the Sky singing cowboy songs such as BITSA. I really like the Riders. I recommend them, if you like cowboy music. Even if you don't. I actually have a history with Ranger Doug; some day I'll go into it.

Anyhow, we are back. Mostly I'm getting back into the swim at work, thinking about getting organized for NCFLs, and even giving the odd nod to worrying about NFLs. Nonetheless, I do wish to report on a few of the happenings of the two weeks out West, and will do so as time permits over the next few days. Among them are such highlights as the Nostrumite's Las Vegas wedding, Menick on horseback, ruminations about Captain E0 brought on by ruminations about George Lucas, the quintessential postmodern novel, the state of health in Arizona, and various other this and thats. I will point out, just for a start, that opening day of Sith in Flagstaff (in which we partook after the odd amble through the Grand Canyon, a day of juxtapostion to put it mildly) was attended by one lone lorn Boba Fett character (although, let's not be unkind, he or she was a very good Boba Fett character) and was a nice bookend to opening day of an old film once called simply Star Wars (somewhere in this blog I've already mentioned that I attended that opening, way back not only before you were born, but almost before I was born -- in other words, I had hair at the time).

Aside from Milwaukee, I am here for the duration, and beginning to outline the plans for next year's MHLs. I will resume wasting my time (and yours) by posting here regularly once again starting tomorrow.

One last thing. It was 105 degrees when we flew out of Vegas yesterday. It was half that (if such a concept makes sense) when we arrived in New York. I leave you people alone for a couple of weeks and you forget completely that the weather is supposed to get warmer as we near Memorial Day. Jeesh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Captain Eo is amazing, and I own an illegal copy of it on DVD, as it has never been released.